Roulette is one of the most popular table games in online as well as in brick-and-mortar casinos. Some online casinos even specialize in Roulette games, making them a popular choice for fans. Indeed, playing just anywhere is not an option for most players but beyond a great selection of Roulette tables, one of the main criteria to choose one casino over another are the Roulette bonuses they may offer.
What qualifies as a Roulette bonus
Any bonus that players may use to play Roulette games qualifies as a Roulette bonus. That means the bonus funds you receive as part of that bonus can be used to play Roulette games. This has to be absolutely clear, because some online casinos offer bonuses that can only be used for slot games, for instance.
There are several types of bonuses that may be available for Roulette play:
- Welcome Bonus – This is a deposit bonus and the very first bonus offer any customer may peruse upon signing up at an online casino. Usually, you can expect to receive a 100% match bonus and up to €100 or €200, though offers vary widely. The bonus funds you get can generally be used on any game you like, though playing some games to meet the wagering requirements may be more beneficial than playing other games. Whilst Roulette can be played using bonus funds, it is not well suited to meeting rollover requirements.
- No-deposit Bonus – Some casinos offer free money bonuses that allow you to use the bonus funds on Roulette games as well. 888 Casino is one such casino. Whilst there is a limited selection of games available that you may play using your no-deposit bonus funds, Roulette is among those games.
- Live Casino Bonus – This is a bonus specifically geared towards live casino players and most certainly allows you to play Roulette using the bonus funds. You will also be able to play Roulette to meet the playthrough requirements, getting a reasonable game weighting percentage to allow you to achieve that. However, here we are talking about Live Roulette and other live games, and not just any version of the usual online casino table games.
- Roulette Promotions – Many online casinos that cater to Roulette players, will offer special Roulette promotions. Here you may be invited to play certain tables or game versions and get rewards for landing on certain numbers or results on the table. The options are plentiful and the main thing these promotions have in common is that they are exclusive to Roulette games.
Game weighting and wagering requirements
Any bonus always comes with bonus conditions. Wagering requirements are part of those conditions. If you avail yourself of a bonus and wish to be able to withdraw the bonus funds at some point, you will have to meet those wagering requirements. That is, of course, true for a Roulette bonus as well.
The difficulty with playing Roulette in order to meet wagering requirements is that the game tends to contribute very little to your turnover requirements. Indeed, many casinos don’t even allow you to play Roulette to complete wagering and free up your bonus funds.
Here the game weighting comes into play. When playing through €100, playing slots will generally contribute 100%. That means, wagering €1 on slots means you’ve played through €1 towards fulfilling the bonus conditions.
Roulette, however, rarely contributes more than 5 to 10%, if that. We have seen 15% before, but more often than that it doesn’t contribute at all. And that means, playing through €100 at a Roulette table means for every €1 you wagered you will only have played €0.05 or €0.10 towards meeting the rollover requirements.
Live casino bonuses are much more generous here, but you can only use them at Live Roulette tables or other live games. With a live casino bonus, you may have to wager the bonus a total of 70 times, but Roulette may contribute 50% or more when wagering.
Bonuses vs Promotions
It’s great to find a bonus that allows you to play Roulette to meet the wagering requirements. They are rare, but they are out there. We’ll tell you where to find some of them at the end of this article.
If Roulette is your favourite game, we can certainly recommend that you claim such beneficial bonuses to have some extra fun with bonus funds.
But you will find it almost always difficult to meet the wagering requirements playing Roulette only. Unless, of course, you go for a live casino bonus. Those are more manageable.
Roulette promotions are a different matter. Here a casino will run a specific promotion available to Roulette fans where playing Roulette actually means that you can win something. Sometimes you may even win real cash by landing a 0 or the lucky number of the day or you could you could be required to make a deposit and receive bonus funds that you can use exclusively for Roulette games.
Most online casinos catering to Roulette players tend to get very creative with their Roulette promotions and these tend to be much more beneficial than any welcome offer or no-deposit bonus can be.
Yes, there are bonus conditions attached as well, but the main thing is that you may have a chance to get something extra simply by playing your favourite game.
Where to find the best Roulette promotions
Since Roulette is such a popular game, you will find a reasonable number of online casinos that cater to Roulette fans. Many of these casinos have special promotions available as well.
When choosing any online casino, you will want to look out for a few things to ensure that you are playing safely. Offering seemingly great promotions is not a criterion for choosing an online casino. Instead, consider the following:
- Where is the casino licensed?
- What is their fair gaming reputation (including overall transparency, responsible gaming strategies, certificates and published RTP)?
- Quality of games and providers
- Customer support (including withdrawal policies and speeds)
Casinos that score highly in all these areas are usually safe. Design, navigation, mobile play and finally, the availability of bonuses and promotions, are secondary criteria.
Some casinos that cater to Roulette players and have regular Roulette offers available are Codeta, 888 Casino, Mr Green, LeoVegas, Guts.com, 32Red, Betfair, Ladbrokes, CasinoClub and BetVictor.
Whichever casino you consider, make sure to review it thoroughly and always read the terms and conditions, especially the bonus conditions.