We have covered a range of topics about bonuses for you, but many casinos offer much more than welcome and reload bonuses. There is a range of further incentives that are offered, which are all designed to keep you playing at a particular casino. Some of these rewards are more worthwhile than others. Here’s an overview.
One of the most prominent and most common incentives you can find at online casinos is the Cashback Bonus. Most casinos that offer one, offer it on a regular basis – either monthly or even weekly.
A Cashback Bonus gives you cash back on the losses you suffered at a casino. To wit: you play at a casino for a week and find yourself unlucky more often than not. You lose overall €100 and win €50 during that week. If you have opted into a Cashback Bonus, you then have the chance to receive a set percentage of your €50 losses back, which is usually real cash and thus added to your real cash balance.
Cashback Bonuses often give you back between 5% and 20% on your losses, rarely more. And there’s almost always a minimum cashback amount you need to qualify for (usually €5).
Whilst it is not great to lose when playing your favourite casino games, this is a small and real cash incentive you should pick up whenever you get a chance.
Promotions for cash and other prizes
A majority of casinos runs promotions where you can win real cash and other prizes. Sometimes casinos only host those promotions, which are actually run by game developers such as IGT, NetEnt or Yggdrasil Gaming, featuring their games. But many casinos also run their own promotions, featuring a number of games from different developers, where you can win thousands of Euro, vacations, cars, phones, tablets and other gadgets.
There are usually two ways of how you may win:
- Leaderboard tournament – here you play eligible games to earn points and improve your ranking. A tournament may require you to score the highest coin win, spin a particular combination of symbols on the reels, trigger the free spins or bonus feature as many times as possible – you name it.
- Collecting prize draw tickets – which involves wagering a certain amount of money (between €10 and €100) on eligible games to earn a prize draw ticket. Sometimes you can earn limited and sometimes unlimited tickets. In the end, the prizes are randomly drawn among all ticket holders.
LeoVegas and Mr Green are two casinos that run such promotions very regularly.
Many online casinos want to make their customers feel special and thus offer a VIP program to give them the VIP treatment. Sometimes these programs are automatic, and you’re enrolled with your very first deposit and wager you place. Sometimes there’s a dedicated VIP team that monitors players’ activities and once you’ve spent a certain amount of money at the casino, you’re invited to join the club and receive added incentives.
One way or another, each VIP program consists of various levels that you attain when you have wagered a set amount of cash on the games and each level comes with different benefits, which may include VIP Managers, higher withdrawal limits, birthday presents, extra bonuses, better cashback offers, event invitations, special promotions, better conversion rates of loyalty points to cash, etc.
A good VIP program can be absolutely worth your while, however, most of them require you to keep wagering at the casino at a set level to keep your current VIP level each month. So, if you don’t play for a month, you may have to start all over again the next month.
Most loyalty programs at online casinos differ from VIP programs. Some casinos tie them together, others offer them separately or only one of them but not the other. Loyalty rewards usually require you to earn XP (experience) or so-called Comp points. SuperLenny has BUX systems, which is essentially the same. Customers collect these points by playing at the casino, though some casinos go way beyond that and allow you to earn points when making a fresh deposit, simply by logging in every day, when you’re making a withdrawal or when you participate in a tournament.
The options are plentiful. Some loyalty rewards come with different levels as well, but usually, that’s not the case. In the end, when you have earned a sufficient amount of Comp or XP points, you get to convert them into actual rewards.
BUX at SuperLenny can be converted into free spins, for instance. At other casinos, you may convert comp points into real cash that you can then use to play with. Yet other casinos have a store, where you can ‘buy’ gadgets, free spins or even special promotions with your points.
If a loyalty program has different levels, the conversion rates from points to cash usually improves from level to level, which makes it a little more worthwhile.
Many online businesses have refer-a-friend bonus systems. Whether that’s an online bank or other service providers, this tends to be a nice little incentive to recommend a business you have had good experiences with. If the referral is successful, you either get some cash or you can choose a gift.
Some online casinos have taken up this model and ask you to refer them to a friend as well. In return, you may receive either real cash or bonus cash. Of course, a real cash gift would be preferable. So, if you know someone who is looking for an online casino and you happen to be happy with yours, you can always avail yourself of such an offer. Unibet is among the casinos running such a promotion.
Sports betting offers
Many online casinos are also bookmakers offering sports betting services. There are casinos that started out as pure online casinos with slots and table games, only adding sports betting to their products later (for instance Guts.com, Mr Green or LeoVegas). And there are bookmakers, who also happen to offer casino products (such as William Hill, bet365, Ladbrokes).
Either way, you will find specific sports betting offers at these casinos. Sometimes that even includes a welcome bonus for punters. Among the more regular offers are the following:
- Increased accumulator – If you place accumulator bets, these offers will give you an added percentage on your wins. If you win, of course.
- Free bets – You’re required to place a bet on a certain event and receive a free bet in return, whether you win or lose on your original bet. There’s always a minimum bet with minimum odds required (for instance, €20 on odds of 2.0 or higher) and your free bet has to placed on minimum odds as well (once again at least 1.5 or higher). Also, the free bet stake is never included in any returns, only your wins, if you manage to win.
- Betting events or tournaments for special sporting events – Major sporting events (Grand Slam, T20 or World Cup, etc.) will always come with a range of promotions at various casinos. Any type of promotion may be run here, and you may be able to win cash, free bets, vacations or other prizes.
- Refund on a losing bet – This is also a popular promotion, where you can get your losing bet refunded. It’s very similar to a cashback bonus, though here you may get your entire stake refunded (if it doesn’t exceed a predetermined amount).
Sports betting fans will always find a range of different offers they can peruse. They will have their own conditions and restrictions attached to them, but they are usually worthwhile.